Dog campaign resources
A significant number of people keep fit by walking a dog, with dog ownership in Scotland totalling around 893,000. 1/3 of all hill-walking trips are with a dog. Over half the trips with dogs are to wildlife areas.
We have tried to create SOAC campaign approaches that target dog owners in appropriate ways. Some of these resources are available below. The Dog posters are now available as editable downloads so that you can add your own local info or messages.
- Dog Owners' Leaflet. This describes your main responsibilities as a dog owner and advises on what proper control is in everyday situations so that you and your dog can enjoy the outdoors along with others. Enjoy your walk!
- Dog owner passport These credit-card sized information allows key information on dog and access messages. There is a choice of 3 versions which include different messages regarding conservation , land management and enjoying the outdoors . These are to be used as a friendly means to strike up communication with walkers to remind them of their responsibilities.
- Dog signage For use at an event, you can hire out the use of our 'smelly' sheep sign. Or, why not create your own bespoke signage for dog owner events. This artwork was used throughout Cairngorms National Park.
- Daftie poster This poster aims to raise awareness about the dangers of cattle who can react aggressively.
- Dotty poster To be used for advertising events or adding local information or advice this poster also raises awareness of the five key messages about disturbance to livestock, nesting birds, dangers of cattle, avoiding planted fields and contamination of growing crops and the importance of picking up dog waste.
- Loopy poster This poster aims to raise awareness about never allowing your dog worry or attack farm animals and keeping your dog on a short lead or under close control in fields where there are sheep.
The posters below can be edited to include your local site or issue-based information. Click on the typewriter and then double-click the text boxes to alter the information.
- Dotty poster A4 landscape editable
- Dotty poster A4 portrait editable
- Dotty poster A3 landscape editable
- Dotty poster A3 portrait editable
For further information on our campaign targeting Dog Owners, please contact us on email@example.com.
Last updated on Friday 8th March 2013 at 15:05 PM. Click here to comment on this page