Access rights extend to swimming (subject to any local byelaws). Remember that swimming in open water can be dangerous, particularly for children, and that the water might be used for public water supply. Help to minimise problems for other users by:
- not swimming close to water intakes, abstraction points or spillways
- avoiding nets or other fishing tackle
- not disturbing anglers and other water users
- not polluting the water, and
- being aware that in prolonged dry spells fish might be distressed due to low water levels.
Last updated on Tuesday 25th May 2010 at 17:24 PM. Click here to comment on this page